Here at Slowhills we like to rename our vintage cars with a name, just as if they were one of the family. Because that's actually the case!
This 500 F that we offer for rental is called Bond because with its dark blue livery it could very well be the car of a secret agent of yesteryear.
Born in 1967, this F fully reflects all the characteristics that have made this small car a must: simple and fun driving, practicality, and contagious sympathy are certainly the strong points of his curriculum.
We propose to rent it if you want to organize a tour of a few days on the trail of the Etruscans, in that magical territory that passes from Chiusi to Città della Pieve up to Sarteano, on the border between Val d'Orcia and Val di Chiana.
The low weight and excellent road holding make it a surprisingly modern and fun car to drive on the roads of the area in which we operate.
We can also rent this vintage 500 together with other models for the organization of incentive tours and corporate team building, or to be accompanied on a special weekend as a couple walking around the province of Siena.
A couple of suggestions for those who want to rent this vintage 500
- The Fiat 500 still drives very well: it does not have power steering, but the wheels are small and do not miss them. Furthermore, the small turning circle makes it particularly agile in the narrow streets of Tuscan villages
- Visibility is excellent, especially from the front: it is very easy to keep the front under control when maneuvering.
- For those who rent it for weddings, wedding services and photo shoots: we take care of the request for access permits.
- For those who rent it for Fiat 500 tours: we provide maps and itineraries, and the possibility of booking in referenced agritourisms and bed and breakfasts.
- Small on the outside, big on the inside: if you are two passengers, you will have a great time aboard a vintage 500. If, on the other hand, you are more ... perhaps it is better to consider hiring another vintage car!
- The 500 consumes very little: with two cylinders, a low weight and 499.5 cc of displacement, almost 20 km are covered with one liter. Who said classic cars consume more?
- Equipment: model F, year 1967, blue color with black interior
Recommendations for using the gearbox
Analyzing something anachronistic like changing the old 500 with today's yardstick would be merciless enough, but all its flaws (the abrupt grafts and its typical noise) are part of this machine's DNA. We give you some suggestions to face the famous "double shift down" without scratching.
The operation is only needed when downshifting since, for example, passing from third to second, the number of revolutions of the engine increases: since the gearbox gears also rotate together with the engine, you have to "help" them in the engagement by turning the engine a little faster. The sequence is:
b. transmission in neutral
c. clutch release
d. tap of accelerator
e. clutch again (immediately! While the engine is still high revs)
f. engagement of the lower gear